Being married to a teacher and having two primary school aged kids means I think about schools a lot!
Every Queensland child deserves a great education, and decent facilities make all the difference.
That’s why I’m proud to be delivering Stage 1 of the Mount Cotton Master Plan!
This is part of the Palaszczuk Governments commitment to build new classrooms and facilities across out great state.
To give the younger kids the best start, our 2019-20 budget has funded a master plan for the overhaul of Mount Cotton State School.
I also welcome the overhaul of Springwood State High School as a highlight of the 2019/20 Budget - who will be receiving $8.5 million for a refurbished performing arts hall, canteen and upgrades to other learning and administration spaces across the school.
A full list of our school investment is below:
- Funding for new Prep and administration buildings at Mount Cotton State School.
- The refurbishment of Block C at Mount Cotton State School.
- Refurbished Prep classrooms at Chatswood Hills State School.
- A new building with 10 new general learning spaces at Shailer Park State High School.
- Funds to redevelop Blocks C and B at Daisy Hill State School.
- $800,000 funding for maintenance and minor works across Springwood for the 2019-20 financial year.