Being married to a teacher and having two primary school aged kids means I think about schools a lot!
Every Queensland child deserves a great education, and decent facilities make all the difference.
That’s why I’m proud to be delivering the refurbishment of the manual arts block at Springwood SHS to be followed up by a $10 million full school renewal.
Rochedale State High School will also be part of a $250 million boost to build new classrooms and facilities.
To give the younger kids the best start, our 2018 budget has funded a master plan for an overhaul of Mount Cotton State School.
We’ve also delivered on our election commitment to install shade sails, making sure more kids can play sport.
A full list of our school investment is below:
- $700,000 to Refurbish Teaching Block 7 at Shailer Park State School
- $500,000 to Refurbish Block 2 at Kimberley Park State School
- $100,000 for Shade sails at Mount Cotton State School
- A total allocation of $10,000,000 to renew Springwood State High School over four years starting in 2018-19
- $50,000 for a master plan for Mt Cotton State School
- $553,000 allocated across 10 schools in the Springwood electorate for maintenance in schools throughout the 2018-19 financial year
- $212,000 allocated across 10 schools in the Springwood electorate for minor works in schools throughout the 2018-19 financial year