Being married to a teacher and having two school aged kids means I think about schools a lot!
Every Queensland child deserves a great education, and decent facilities make all the difference.
In our local area, kids will be benefitting from the Palaszczuk Government's significant investment in schools, including:
- $9M - Stage 1 of the Mount Cotton State School Master Plan – new Prep and Admin Block
- $11M – for upgrades to Springwood State High School
- $8.2M – new building including 10 general learning spaces at Shailer Park State High School
- $200K – refurbish prep building at Chatswood Hills State School
- $300K – refurbish Block C at Mount Cotton State School
- $300K – refurbish Block B at Daisy Hill State School
- $200K – refurbish Block C at Daisy Hill State School
- Improve disability access at Springwood Central State School
- Build a new school hall at Rochedale South State School
- Flashing lights school zone at Kimberley Park State School
- Flashing lights installed at the Springwood Central School Zone
- Flashing lights installed at St Peter’s Catholic Primary School
- $76,500 for a new amphitheatre at Shailer Park State High School
- New lights and crossing on Mount Cotton Road out the front of the school
- Building a new school hall at Rochedale State High School
- Tennis court upgrades (2 x fully-lit tennis courts) at Daisy Hill State School (through a partnership program with Tennis Queensland)
- $150K - oval upgrades at Springwood Rd State School
- Upgrades to Shailer Park State High School's multi purpose sports hall through the Community Use of Schools program
Kimberley Park State School will receive the equivalent of six new, fully compliant spaces, to arrive throughout 2023.
As part of renewing school facilities in the community, accommodating our local needs and catering for our Outside School Hours Care, the P&C has negotiated some changes that will mean better facilities for existing students, and full optionality as enrolments increase into the future.
We're committed to building better schools for local students, and supporting jobs for local tradies.
Schools play a pivotal role in shaping the future of individuals and societies by providing education, knowledge, and skills to students, and having great facilities within schools is of paramount importance.
Well-designed classrooms create an optimal learning environment, fostering concentration and engagement.
It's important to ensure local students are able to use classrooms that are safe, compliant and modern.
I will continue to work with local schools for the best outcomes for local students.